Before the year draws to a close, we still have a heap of 2021 news items regarding our learners and our teaching staff we’d like to share with our community.
The next couple of weeks will see most of the items shared via our Facebook page.
We’d like to begin again, however, by noting the #achievements of the five learners featured here, for which they were acknowledged during the school’s recent Special Assembly.
• 𝙎𝙖𝙢𝙖𝙞𝙝 𝙉𝙖𝙞𝙙𝙤𝙤 who was presented with the Horace Stanton Floating Trophy for the Grade 4 General Knowledge Champion.
• 𝙍𝙖𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙡 𝙒𝙚𝙣𝙝𝙖𝙢 was awarded the Old Unionite Floating Shield for Top Academic Achievement in Grade 4. 𝘊𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘙𝘢𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘭 𝘰𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘥𝘦!
• The Harlin Lepotha Memorial Shield – donated by the 2007 A-10 Class – for the learner who demonstrates strength of character and shows personal growth while maintaining a positive disposition was this year awarded to 𝙅𝙤𝙨𝙝 𝙎𝙚𝙞𝙨.
• This year’s recipient of the Bruce Cumming Award is 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙩é 𝘽𝙚𝙯𝙪𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙣𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙩. This Honours Trophy is awarded to the learner who is an all-rounder. This learner achieves as a scholar, participates in cultural activities and on the sports field. He/she displays leadership qualities and sportsmanship. 𝘊𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴, 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘵é!
• The Alet Kingwill Floating Trophy for the most outstanding Piano student was awarded to 𝙃𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙣 𝙫𝙖𝙣 𝙙𝙚𝙣 𝙃𝙚𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧.