Pupils are exposed to many forms of arts and culture through musicals, drama, singing and variety concerts. Participation in these events builds creative expression, boosts self-confidence, and offers another avenue for team work and personal achievement.
•Dome for large group performances
Bold use of colour allows young personalities to shine in the art room. Pupils here are introduced to a variety of media and modes of expression.
- Chess has long been regarded as a game that can have beneficial effects on learning and development, especially when it is played from a young age.
- It develops analytical, and decision-making skills, which can be transfered to real life.
- It can help children to gain insights into the nature of competition which will help them in any competitive endeavor.
- When youngsters play chess they must call upon higher-order thinking skills, analyze actions and consequences, and visualize future possibilities.
- In countries where chess is offered widely in schools, students exhibit excellence in the ability to recognize complex patterns and consequently excel in math and science.
- Union Preparatory offers chess from Grade 1 on a weekly basis.
Students may study:
- In addition, Union Prep has two choirs (junior and senior) as well as an orchestra for Grade 3 and 4 pupils.